Regular exercise is important because it helps maintain physical and mental health. The aim is to strive to spend less time being sedentary and more time being active. When youth discover physical activities they enjoy, they are more likely to exercise on a regular basis and continue exercising into adulthood. MBYLI incorporates the principles of the Highmark Healthy High 5 to encourage and nurture daily physical exercise.
The goals of the MBYLI Fitness Program in conjunction with Highmark are to:
• Enhance nutritional choices to address obesity
• Positively influence children’s physical well-being and their social and mental health
• Prevent bullying and build self-esteem
• Encourage team building, self-confidence and synergy
• Increase muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
• Build better coordination, agility and flexibility
• Improve overall well-being and stamina
MBYLI is now accepting volunteers for our 2017 Fitness.
Sign up now, slots are going fast!