Building Champions Program
The MBYLI Building Champions program is created to develop champions on the field and in the classroom. The MBYLI wants to extend knowledge and resources to middle school and high school athletes to be properly equipped to tackle the challenges and opportunities of rising to the next level.
- To thoroughly develop championship, cohesive, synergy focused teams and forefront, polished, confident, battle tested leaders.
- Provide student athletes with keys to successfully make the transition from high school sports to collegiate sports athletically and academically.
- To provide teams with an abundance of unlimited resources and staff with experience from collegiate to Hall of Fame experience
Building Champion’s Focus:
- Creating a work atmosphere that is second to none in preparing teams for season competition, not only physically but mentally.
- High intensity workouts created from NFL and collegiate strength and conditioning programs to develop players
- Seminar and Training Session focused on NCAA clearinghouse, ACT, SAT, and college application process.
In 2020 the MBYLI will launch a campaign to raise funding for this game changing program. It is our goal to enhance our multi-purpose building with presentation and AV capabilities and begin construction on a fully equipped athletic performance facility.
Recently the Mel Blount Youth Leadership Initiative hosted the 2021 MBYLI Champions Football Camp. The Building Champions program focuses on development on the field, in the classroom, and in life.
The day featured high school football teams from across the Pittsburgh area assisting in crafting ability on the field, exposing student athletes to outdoors/horses, and utilizing our ropes course to focus on team building. Join us in making a difference.